Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shots :-(

Brayden will be 2 months old on Saturday (can you believe how time flies?) and he had his doctor's appointment today. He weighs 12 lbs 7 oz and is 23 and a quarter inches long. His head is now 16 inches around. He is now in the 75th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. The doctor said he was "perfect" and we agree (although we might be biased).
The sad part of the visit came when the nurse had to give him his shot. He got one vaccination orally but the other had to be done by a shot in his leg. Luckily Grandma Gloria was there to hold his hand. I have to say I have never seen him scream like he did. He even held his breath after being poked. It was heartbreaking. I am not a fan of needles, but I would have much rather taken the poke than watch Brayden screaming like that. We go back in a month for his next round of shots. Hopefully mommy will toughen up by then. ;-)

1 comment:

Goldielocks and Her 3 Boys said...

Good luck with toughening up!! It still breaks my heart and my baby just got his 15 month shots!! :( Poor baby!!