Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Exciting (and sad) news!!!

I found out today that I was approved to take a one year leave from work to be a stay at home mom. I will finish this school year and be off all of next year. At the end of next year I will need to decide if I want to go back to work, or continue staying at home with Brayden. I think I already know which I will choose, but this way the door is open for my return if need be. Jeff and I are VERY excited about this, but I can't help being a little bit sad. I LOVE my job and I work with the greatest people, but my heart is with Brayden and I am really looking forward to spending my time watching my baby grow!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

How exciting! I understand the sad part too though. Braydeb will love having his mommy home!

Laura said...

That's wonderful news Elizabeth! I'm so glad that things worked out for you to do this, although your students (and their parents!) will truly miss you :-) You are such a wonderful teacher and Brayden is so lucky to have you as his mom! I am SO grateful that i have been able to be a stay-at-home mom, so it always makes me happy to hear when other moms are able to do the same!

Goldielocks and Her 3 Boys said...

It's so worth it!! I know you love you job but NOTHING can replace the time you have with your son and watching him grow and develop into a wonderful little boy!! I have been completely blessed with the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world! I love my 'job' and I love waking up to it every day!!!