Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BREECH BABY!!!

Well, we had our 38 week doctor's appointment today just to find out that our sweet little pumpkin has a mind of his own. (must be related to Aunt Amanda!) Just kidding A! He rolled over Monday night we think. I thought he invited some friends for a crazy dance party, but it turns out, all that movement was Brayden rolling into the wrong position. His head is up by my ribs and his bum is down by my legs. The doctor said that there is a small chance he could flip again back to head down, but it is not likely. My cervix is still high and closed so the doctor scheduled a c-section for us Monday at 3:00p.m. When we get to the hospital they will check us first and make sure he is still breech. If he has turned again, we will opt out of the c-section and wait. Most likely he will still be breech and we will then be prepped for surgery. While the c-section is scheduled for 3, we were warned that because ours isn't an emergency c-section, we will likely get bumped if labor and delivery needs the O.R. So the plan is that Brayden should be arrive via c-section sometime on Monday October 20th.
We have gone through the different emotions, and now we are trying to be optimistic about the whole thing. Here are some of the things we are focusing on. Our doctor gets to deliver (she is one of eight that could have delivered), no pointy head for Brayden, we know the date, no water breaking and contractions, no super long labor, no tearing down south. If anyone has any other positive things for us to focus on, feel free to add to my list. Please be kind enough to leave things out such as longer recovery or major surgery as those are the things I am trying not to think about. ;-)
Amanda will be updating people via email when Brayden is born, so check your emails Monday night. Thanks for everyone's support! We will update more after our little pumpkin arrives!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erica said...

Hey Elizabeth!
congrats on your baby boy! Boys are great - I know from experience (3 boys later!). I had 3 c-sections (2 planned and 1 unplanned). The planned csections are smooth and nice. Another positive thing is you know that you will be holding your little boy in less than 30 minutes after going into the operating room! I am excited for you! Nice to see your blog! You look cute!
Love, Erica

AudreyC said...

Hi - just found you through Kristi's blog. I ended up with a C-section (not really planned) with Olivia, so holler if you have questions now or later. I'd love to get the "baby's here!" email - let me know how to get on that list.

Congrats to you both and I'll be thinking of you on Monday.

Goldielocks and Her 3 Boys said...

Hey Elizabeth!
I'm so sorry you are/were having such a hard time with the whole breech thing. I completely understand how you feel, as Logan caught us all off gaurd by coming 8 weeks early! Although I am extremely excited for you I hope you find the up and coming event peaceful and in the hands of good people. I look forward to getting the 'Brayden's here email' from Amanda! Good luck and know that this is just the beginning of surprises that your child/ren will bring for you! :)