Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome home Brayden

We are home!!! Brayden David Myers was born via c-section Monday October 20, 2008. He weighed in pretty big at 8 lbs 11 oz. He was 20.5 inches long and his head was huge at 15 inches around. (Typical babies are about 13). The doctor said that it was good we had a c-section planned because she was sure I couldn't have delivered a head that big!
My surgery went well and so far my recovery has been smooth. I am very lucky to have Jeff (or superdad as I like to call him) to do all the work while I was laying in bed. Jeff has become a master at swaddling, holding, diapering, rocking and just about everything else. The nurses were even complimenting his job as daddy. I'm so lucky!
Now that we are home, we are getting lots of help from the many eager grandparents. Brayden is lucky to have all of them. Jeff is currently working on getting the many pictures online and my mom has made dinner. Time to scarf it down so I can feed my precious little pumpkin. Stay tuned for pictures as Jeff gets them ready.

2 comments:

Erica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a big boy!! I can't wait to see pics!

Goldielocks and Her 3 Boys said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY!!!! I'm so excited and happy for you! Enjoy these moments when he is so small as the first year goes by so quickly, you will miss them this time next year!!